Friday 9 September 2011

Tractors, trucks, and little towns



Brad Paisley will not take your hateration:

You're not supposed to say the word 'cancer' in a song.
And tellin' folks Jesus is the answer can rub 'em wrong.
It ain't hip to sing about tractors, trucks, little towns, and mama, yeah that might be true.
But this is country music and we do

Do you like to drink a cold one on the weekend and get a little loud
Do you wanna say I'm sorry or I love you but you don't know how?
Do you wish somebody had the nerve to tell that stupid boss of yours
to shove it next time he yells at you?
Well this is country music and we do

Yes, you do. I love this stuff. I love it from across the ocean. I'm presumably wrong to like it, but I do anyway. There is not, in fact, enough music about 'tractors, trucks, little towns, and mama', and even though I grew up in Lower Saxony rather than Louisiana, I can relate to that. It's good stuff, man. Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment